Naviluna Professional Bean-To-Bar Chocolate Making Course & Certificate Jan 2022
After receiving hundreds of requests over the years we are finally launching our inaugural in-person professional bean-to-bar training program.
Conducted in person by Naviluna Executive Che’d David B. this course will teach you how to make chocolate from bean-to-bar either at home or in a professional setting. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on various types of equipment, train and hone their craft, supported by in-depth theory and tasting sessions.
This course has been structured to provide an in-depth knowledge and skills for those who are interested to enter the world of bean-to-bar in a professional setting, with equal emphasis on practical and theoretical training.
Duration: 15 days
Dates: 10th - 28th Jan 2022
Timings: 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri
Location: New Naviluna HQ, Mysore 01
Course Fee: ₹72k*
Easy payment 3 part installment (EMI) options are now available - see dropdown menu
Slots: only 12 available
Certificate: Yes, all candidates who complete the course will get a certificate.
*includes all taxes. Does not include travel, meals and accommodation
1. It’s all about the cacao
- Assessing quality of cacao
- Understanding post harvest processing
- Cacao genetics
- Cacao terroir from around India and around the world.
2. Making Chocolate
- Learning about vintage vs contemporary machinery
- Developing texture
- Advancing flavour in single origins
- Good vs bad practices
- Cacao Nutrition
- All mechanical steps from bean-to-bar including sorting, winnowing, grinding, conching, and refining.
- The art of tempering chocolate
- Working with inclusions
4. On the Palate
- Developing taste sensitivity
- Learning to taste chocolate
- Assessing quality
- Distinguishing nuance and characteristics
5. Flavour Theory
- Recipe construction
- Extrinsic vs intrinsic flavours
- Chocolate, food and drink pairing
- cacao farm visit
For further questions and information email firstname.lastname@example.org