Chocolate Sommelier Course - Module 1: Cacao Uncovered
This is the first module in a three part course teaching you to become a chocolate Sommelier.
Topics covered in this module:
- Cacao terroir & provenance
- Cacao genetics
- Cacao fermentation and it's impact on flavour
- How to assess quality in cacao beans
- Production processing methods and their impact on terroir and subtle flavour
What you'll taste in this module
- Cacao beans from different regions
- Different grades of cacao
- Chocolate from different regions
- Chocolate made with various grades of cacao
- Chocolate produced on various types of machinery
- Tasting kit featuring cacao beans and chocolate samples for interactive learning.
- 1 Naviluna Chocolate Bar
- Digital Certificate of completion.
Course Date: July 2021 - 11 am IST - exact date to be announced this week
Location: Online via live stream
Course duration: 2 hours
About this course:
This course has been designed to give you comprehensive practical and theoretical understanding of chocolate, how it's sourced, how it's made and how to determine attributes of quality to distinguish the right chocolate for every occasion.
Who's this course for?
- Pastry Chefs /Hot Kitchen Chefs/ Bakers/ Home bakers / Bartenders/ Baristas who want to get a deep understanding of chocolate so as to be able to make more educated choices in their own work.
- Connoisseurs / Gastronomes / Chocolate Lovers who appreciate quality food and drink and want to enhance their experience of chocolate by deepening their knowledge and developing their palate.
- Industry buyers/ Merchandising managers / Retailers engaged with sourcing and procuring chocolate who want to be able to make better informed retail decisions about the products they carry.
How to register:
1. Purchase your slot by ordering the course online here.
2. Course live on 3rd July 2021, 11 AM IST
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org