Chocolate Sommelier Course - All three modules 1, 2 & 3 - 10% Off
Get 10% off when you buy all 3 modules of our Chocolate Sommelier Course in this bundle.
Topics covered in the course
Module 1: Uncovering Cacao - Sat 22nd of May
- Cacao terroir & provenance
- Cacao genetics
- Cacao fermentation and it's impact on flavour
- How to assess quality in cacao beans
- Production processing methods and their impact on terroir and subtle flavour
Module 2: Dynamics vs Mechanics - Sat 29th of May
- How chocolate is actually made
- Grinding and refining
- Flow and viscosity
- Understanding microns
- Acidity and Alkalinity
- How structure affects flavour
Module 3: Recipe Construction & Flavour Development - Sat 5th of June
- Recipe construction
- Alkalisation / Dutching
- Cacao butter vs 2 ingredient
- Intrinsic vs Extrinsic flavours
- Inclusions and flavour pairing
- Creating balance and dynamic range in flavour
- Tasting kit featuring cacao beans and chocolate samples for interactive learning.
- Digital Certificate of completion.
- 1 Naviluna Chocolate Bar per module
Location: Online via live stream
Course duration: 2 hours per module
About this course:
This course has been designed to give you comprehensive practical and theoretical understanding of chocolate, how it's sourced, how it's made and how to determine attributes of quality to distinguish the right chocolate for every occasion.
Who's this course for?
- Pastry Chefs /Hot Kitchen Chefs/ Bakers/ Home bakers / Bartenders/ Baristas who want to get a deep understanding of chocolate so as to be able to make more educated choices in their own work.
- Connoisseurs / Gastronomes / Chocolate Lovers who appreciate quality food and drink and want to enhance their experience of chocolate by deepening their knowledge and developing their palate.
- Industry buyers/ Merchandising managers / Retailers engaged with sourcing and procuring chocolate who want to be able to make better informed retail decisions about the products they carry.
How to register:
1. Purchase your slot by ordering the course online here.
2. We'll then send out your tasting box 5 days before the course is due to take place
3. We'll be in touch 3 days before the course is due to start with online access details
For any questions please email email@example.com