Chocolate Sommelier Course - Module 3: Recipe construction & Flavour Development
This is the third module in a three part course teaching you to become a chocolate Sommelier.
Topics covered in this module:
- Recipe construction
- Alkalisation / Dutching
- Cacao butter vs 2 ingredient
- Intrinsic vs Extrinsic flavours
- Inclusions and flavour pairing
- Creating balance and dynamic range in flavour
What you'll taste in this module
- Single Origin Chocolates
- Inclusion Chocolates
- Chocolate with "good" recipe construction
- Chocolate with "bad" recipe construction
- Examples of dutched chocolate
- Dutched and un-dutched cacao nibs
- Tasting kit featuring chocolate samples for interactive learning.
- 1 Naviluna Chocolate Bar
- Digital Certificate of completion.
Location: Online step by step tutorial video(pre-recorded).
Course duration: 60 minutes.
About this course:
This course has been designed to give you a comprehensive practical and theoretical understanding of chocolate, how it's sourced, how it's made and how to determine attributes of quality to distinguish the right chocolate for every occasion.
Who's this course for?
- Pastry Chefs /Hot Kitchen Chefs/ Bakers/ Home bakers / Bartenders/ Baristas who want to get a deep understanding of chocolate so as to be able to make more educated choices in their own work.
- Connoisseurs / Gastronomes / Chocolate Lovers who appreciate quality food and drink and want to enhance their experience of chocolate by deepening their knowledge and developing their palate.
- Industry buyers/ Merchandising managers / Retailers engaged with sourcing and procuring chocolate who want to be able to make better informed retail decisions about the products they carry.
How to register:
1. Purchase your tasting boxes by registering for the course online here.
2. We'll then send out your tasting boxes.
3. Watch at your convenience from home.
The course is live from August 30th 2021
For any questions please email email@example.com